Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

Love Love Should I be worried wana Mtaani?

Reckless

Legend
Reaction score
My wife currently earns more than I do. It didn’t start out that way but she got a big promotion at her job and now she’s the main bread-winner. At first, I thought that it would negatively affect our relationship and I thought that it would make me feel emasculated.

Fortunately, I was wrong. We don’t even talk about our difference in income level. We divide all of the bills based on our individual income and we just live life. She still respects me as “the man” and I still love her as my wife. We have even had arguments, some about finances and not once has she ever said anything to the effect of “I make more money than you”.

Money is just a resource. It has no power in and of itself. The power is in how you view money and how you use it. If your woman making more than you makes you feel insecure, then that insecurity was already there before you even had money. Even if you become a billionaire, that insecurity will still be there…it would just manifest differently.

My goal isn’t to make sure that I make more than my wife. My goal is to make sure I work hard so that my income will continue to increase over time. It doesn’t matter whether or not that amount exceeds my wife’s…after all, it’s OUR money anyway!

In conclusion, I’m surprised that my wife’s raise didn’t cause issues in the relationship. I’m an old school alpha male so I thought that my ego would be crushed. But it made no difference at all.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.